Alaska Firecracker Salmon
• 4 x 125g fillets wild Alaska salmon
• 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 2 tbsp light soy sauce
• 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 1 green and 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
• 2 tsp freshly grated root ginger
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
• 2 yellow or red peppers, deseeded and sliced
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 4 bunches cherry tomatoes on-the-vine
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Chopped fresh chives or flat leaf parsley and lime wedges, to garnish
Put the salmon fillets into a shallow non-metallic dish. Mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, chillies, ginger, lime zest and lime juice. Pour over the salmon, then cover and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
Preheat the grill. Put the peppers and onion onto a large baking tray, sprinkle with a little vegetable oil and grill for 3-4 minutes. Turn the vegetables and arrange the salmon fillets on top. Drizzle the marinade over the fish and vegetables.
Grill for 5-6 minutes, add the tomato bunches and grill for 2-3 minutes more. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve, scattered with chopped fresh chives or flat leaf parsley, with lime wedges on the side.