Alaska Salmon Fillets with Sun-Dried Tomato and Oregano Crust
• 4 x 125g fillets wild Alaska salmon
• 200ml dry white wine
• 1/2 tsp vegetable stock powder
• Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
• 100g dried breadcrumbs
• 50g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
• 1 tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
• 200ml fresh double cream
• Freshly ground black pepper
Put the salmon fillets into a shallow pan with the white wine, stock powder and lemon zest. Cover with a piece of buttered greaseproof paper or foil. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Put the breadcrumbs into a blender or food processor with the sun-dried tomatoes and oregano or mixed herbs. Whizz together for a few seconds.
Preheat the grill to medium. Pack the tomato mixture on top of the salmon fillets and grill for 2-3 minutes. Lift the salmon onto warmed serving plates.
Stir the cream into the pan with the cooking liquid and heat gently on the hob for a few moments. Season to taste, then serve with the salmon