Alaska Salmon Satay Skewers
• 4 x 125g fillets wild Alaska salmon
• 70g crunchy peanut butter
• 2 tbsp light soy sauce
• 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
• 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
• 2 medium courgettes, sliced
• A little vegetable oil
• 2 carrots, peeled
• A few lettuce leaves, shredded
• 100g beansprouts
• 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Lime wedges, to garnish
Remove and discard the skin from the salmon fillets and cut into large chunks. Put them into a shallow non-metallic dish. Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, chilli sauce and lime juice. Add half of this to the salmon, tossing to coat, then cover and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
Preheat the barbecue or grill. Thread the salmon chunks onto 4 large or 8 small skewers with the peppers and courgettes. Arrange on the barbecue or grill rack, brush with a little vegetable oil and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile make the salad. Pare the carrot into strips using a potato peeler, then mix with the lettuce and beansprouts. Add 1-2 tbsp water to the remaining satay sauce to make the dressing.
Serve the salmon skewers with the salad, drizzled with the dressing and sprinkled with sesame seeds and black pepper. Garnish with lime wedges.