Alaska Salmon Side with Moroccan Spices
• 1 side wild Alaska salmon
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tsp cumin seeds
• 2 tsp ground paprika
• Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
• ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• Pinch of caster sugar
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Handful of coriander, chopped
Put the side of salmon onto a tray with a rim (not metal).
Mix together the olive oil, garlic, cumin seeds, paprika, cayenne pepper (if using), lemon zest and lemon juice. Pour over the salmon and rub it over the surface of the fish. Cover and chill until ready to cook (at least 30 minutes).
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
Slide the side of salmon onto a large roasting tin, tipping the marinade on top. Roast for 15-18 minutes, then cool for 5-10 minutes before serving to allow the salmon to rest.
Meanwhile, make the salad by mixing together the tomatoes, cucumber and red onion. Season with a pinch of caster sugar and some salt and pepper, then stir through the coriander. Serve the salmon warm or cold, with the salad spooned on top