Alaska Salmon-Stuffed Tomatoes
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 2 to 3 large, firm red tomatoes
• 1 can (14.75 oz.) or 2 cans (7.5 oz. each) traditional pack Alaska salmon OR 8 to 10 oz. skinless, boneless salmon (canned or pouched), drained and chunked
• 1 medium size, ripe avocado, diced
• 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
In small bowl, whisk olive oil, white wine vinegar or lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper.
Cut tomatoes in half crosswise; scoop out and discard flesh and seeds. In separate bowl, combine salmon, avocado, and cilantro or parsley. Drizzle on dressing; toss lightly. Portion 1/2 cup (for 6 servings) or 3/4 cup (for 4 servings) salmon mixture into tomato halves.