Wild Alaska Salmon Tartare by Jose Souto
1 side Wild Alaska Sockeye Salmon
1/2 Cucumber peeled, deseed and fine dice
Dessert spoon chopped Dill
Dessert spoon chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
20 g Fine Capers
½ Large finely chopped banana, Shallot
20 g small Cocktail Gherkins, finely chopped
2 ½ lemon
100ml Double Cream
Maldon salt & black pepper
Aged Balsamic or Balsamic Glaze
• Dice the salmon into very small cubes and place in bowl.
• Mix dill, parsley, capers, shallot, gherkin and cucumber in a bowl, keep this separate from salmon but place both in Fridge until you are ready to serve. Do not mix.
• Semi-whip the cream and then add the lemon juice and season.
• The cream should only just be semi whipped as the lemon juice will thicken the cream.
• Place all mix into one bowl, add Lemon juice, season and then mix.
• Form into a ring.
• Place a quenelle of cream on top then garnish with keta Caviar
• Finish with a little Balsamic glaze.