Middle-Eastern Salmon Sharing Platter
• 6 x 125g fillets wild Alaska salmon
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp sumac (see cook’s tip)
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 1 tsp black onion seeds
• 1 tsp sesame seeds
• 2 red onions, thinly sliced
• 50g blanched almonds, roughly chopped and toasted
• 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 pomegranate or 100g pack prepared pomegranate seeds
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Coriander sprigs and lemon wedges, to garnish
Rub the salmon fillets with a little olive oil. Mix together the sumac, cumin seeds, black onion seeds and sesame seeds, and sprinkle over the salmon.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the red onions for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the salmon fillets and cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes, adding the almonds for the final 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the remaining olive oil with the pomegranate molasses and lemon juice. Season.
Serve the salmon on a platter, drizzled with the dressing and sprinkled with pomegranate seeds, garnished with coriander and lemon wedges.