MOB Kitchen Alaska Smoked Salmon Potato Rosti
• 120g Alaska Smoked Salmon (1 Pack)
• 4 Eggs
• 2 Potatoes
• 5 Shallots
• 1 Heaped Tsp Horseradish
• 1 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
• Bunch of Chives
• Olive Oil
1. Grate up your potatoes and squeeze out as much liquid as possible to make them nice and dry for frying. We used a tea towel to squeeze out the juice, but you can use anything that you like.
2. Place the juiced potato gratings into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. Dice your shallots and add them to the bowl along with your horseradish and a drizzle of olive oil.
4. Toss this all together, then take a handful of the grated potato and form a thin potato patty. Repeat until you have run out of the mixture.
5. Heat a large gulg of oil in a pan and when its hot, drop in your rösti’s and let them fry until golden brown and crispy on either side.
6. Meanwhile poach an egg. To get the perfect egg consistency, boil a pan full of water and add your cider vinegar to it. With a fork or whisk, create a whirlpool of water and crack the egg into the edge (not the centre). With your fork fold the white over the yolk and the egg should form a nice little ball. Leave it for 3 minutes then remove. If the white still looks wobbly continue to cook for 30 seconds, and if it is firm then remove.
7. Time to plate up! Pile up four röstis onto a plate along with your delicious salmon and poached egg on top.
8. Chop up some chives and scatter over with a season of salt and pepper. Repeat for the whole MOB then tuck in!