MOB Kitchen Gochujang Alaska Pollock Burger
• 4 Alaska pollock fillets
• 3 Cloves of Garlic
• 2 Knobs Grated Ginger
• 4 Tbsp Mayo
• 2 1/2 Tbsp Gochujang
• Half a Lemon
• 70g Breadcrumbs
• Half Red cabbage
• 1 Large Handful of Beansprouts
• 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
• 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
• 2 Tsp Honey
• 4 Brioche Bun
• Olive Oil
1. To start, finely grate your garlic and 1 knob of ginger into a bowl. Add 2 tbsp mayo, 2 tbsp gochujang and a squeeze of lemon. Mix together and set aside.
2. Next, heat a glug of oil and fry your pollock until white in colour (for about 2 minutes).
3. Once you have fried your pollock, place in a bowl and roughly break it up. Add your breadcrumbs and sauce (prepared in step 1) then mix together so that the fish is fully coated.
4. Take a handful of this mixture and mold into a patty shape. Repeat until you get 4 patty then set aside ready for frying.
5. Slice your red cabbage and add to a bowl along with your beansprouts.
6. In a separate bowl mix together 3 tbsps of oil, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, honey and the other knob of grated ginger. Mix until combined. Add this to your red cabbage and mix it through.
7. For the burger sauce, mix together your 2 tbsp mayo and 1/2 tbsp gochujang then set aside.
8. Now for your patty. Heat a glug of oil in a pan and fry until crispy and golden brown then remove.
9. Then, cut your brioche buns in half and toast both sides then you’re ready to layer up.
10. Take the base of your brioche bun and add a squeeze of burger sauce, followed by your patty then a generous handful of cabbage mix. Pop your brioche bun on top and enjoy!