MOB Kitchen Ultimate Alaska Salmon Caesar
• 4 Alaska Salmon Fillets
• Bulb of Garlic
• Handful of Sunflower Seeds
• Handful of Pumpkin Seeds
• 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
• 2 Lemons
• 500g Cavolo Nero
• 7 Anchovies
• 2 Egg Yolks
• 2 Tbsp Horseradish
• 2 Avocados
• Olive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/365°F. Wrap your bulb of garlic in baking paper and roast for 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of salt. Lightly toast until golden and set aside for garnish.
3. Lay your salmon in a baking tray, season with salt, pepper, olive oil, half a lemons juice and 30ml of water. Rub this altogether, cover and bake for 6 minutes.
4. Prepare your cavolo nero. Remove the stem from all the leaves with a knife and place them in a salad spinned. Add in a splash of water give it a good spin. Once washed, add the leaves into a bowl along with the juice of a lemon, salt, pepper and olive oil. Massage it all together.
5. Caesar time. Once your garlic is ready, remove, peel back the skin and with a knife, squish out the roast garlic within. Once all the garlic is squeezed out, discard of the skins. Chop the garlic up until you have a nice smooth paste.
6. Grate your parmesan (saving some for garnish) and chop your anchovies (saving the oil form the tin). Add them both into a bowl along with the garlic paste, egg yolks, anchovy oil, horseradish, a squeeze of half a lemons juice, salt and pepper. Stir together and set aside.
7. Slice up the avocado and add into the cavolo nero with the 2/3 of the garlicky dressing. Toss altogether.
8. Plate up! Spoon out you salad, place a salmon fillet on top and break it apart with a fork. Drizzle over the rest of your dressing, sprinkle with your seeds, leftover parmesan and tuck in!