Pacific Cod with Lime, Chilli and Ginger
• 4 x 125-150g (5-6oz) frozen Pacific cod fillets
• 2 tsp fresh root ginger, grated
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
• 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 300g (10oz) medium egg noodles
• 4 heads pak choi, halved lengthways
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tsp sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 190°C / fan oven 170°C / Gas Mark 5.
Put the frozen cod fillets into a shallow baking dish and rub the ginger and lime zest over them. Sprinkle them with the lime juice and sliced chilli. Drizzle the sesame oil over them.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes until the fish is done – the flesh should flake easily when tested with a fork.
Whilst the fish is cooking, soak the noodles in boiling water for six minutes, or according to pack instructions. Steam the pak choi for three or four minutes, until the leaves wilt.
Serve the cod with the noodles and pak choi, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Cook’s tip: You could use dried chilli flakes instead of fresh chilli, and use prepared ginger (sold in small jars) instead of grating it yourself. If using thawed or fresh fish fillets, reduce the cooking time to 10-12 minutes.