Pacific Cod with Lime, Herb and Parmesan Crust
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 4 x 100-150g (4-6oz) fillets Pacific cod
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
• 50g (2oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
• 1 tbsp fresh dill, oregano or parsley, chopped
• 50g (2oz) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 thin slices of lime
Preheat the oven to 200°C / fan oven 180°C / Gas Mark 6.
Grease a baking sheet with a few drops of the olive oil, and arrange the fillets of fish on top. Sprinkle them with the lime juice.
Mix together the lime zest, breadcrumbs, herbs, most of the grated cheese and remaining olive oil. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Share between the fish fillets, spreading it over the surface of each one. Sprinkle the reserved Parmesan cheese on top, and then add the lime slices.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lightly cooked fresh vegetables.
Cook’s tip: You could easily substitute Alaska pollock fillets, halibut or salmon for the cod – the topping works well on all of them.