Twenty-Minute Alaska Salmon Tagine
• 4 x 125g fillets wild Alaska salmon
• 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
• 1 onion, sliced
• 1 tsp cumin seeds or ground cumin
• 2 tsp ground paprika
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 298g can mandarin oranges, drained
• 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
• 50g sultanas
• 100g young spinach
• 150g couscous
• Chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
Remove the skin from the salmon fillets, if wished.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add the cumin and paprika and fry gently for about 20-30 seconds.
Stir in the tomatoes, oranges, stock powder and sultanas. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the spinach and stir it in as the leaves wilt.
Arrange the salmon fillets on top of the tomato mixture. Cover with a lid or a piece of greased foil and cook over a medium-low heat for 8-10 more minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to pack instructions. Serve with the salmon tagine, garnished with chopped fresh coriander.