Wild Alaska Crab Open Lasagne
• 250g (9oz) asparagus, trimmed
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 225g (8oz) spinach, washed
• 3 fresh lasagne sheets, cut in half
• 25g (1oz) butter
• 6 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 6 tbsp green pesto sauce
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
• 300g (10oz) wild Alaska crab meat, cooked and flaked
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3-4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Preheat a char-grill pan or the grill. Brush the asparagus with the olive oil, then char-grill or grill the spears for 6 to 8 minutes, turning often.
Cook the spinach in a tiny amount of water for about 2 minutes, until the leaves have wilted. Drain well, squeezing out the excess moisture with the back of a spoon. At the same time, cook the lasagne for 3 or 4 minutes, or according to pack instructions.
Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the spring onions for 2 or 3 minutes, until softened. Stir in the pesto sauce, lemon zest and lemon juice. Heat gently for a few moments, and season to taste.
Drain the lasagne sheets well, and then layer them in two warmed bowls with the pesto mixture, spinach, crab and asparagus. Drizzle any remaining pesto mixture on top, then serve, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Cook’s tip: You could use dried lasagne sheets, though you will have to cook.