Wild Alaska Salmon, Beetroot and Horseradish Baps
• 1 x 418g or 2 x 213g cans red or pink Alaska salmon
• 4 tbsp light mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
• 4 large wholemeal or white soft baps
• 1 small bunch of watercress or a few mixed salad leaves
• 1 small red onion, very finely sliced
• 100g (4oz) cooked beetroot, rinsed, drained and coarsely grated
• 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
• 4 tbsp low fat plain yoghurt
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Drain the salmon, discarding the liquid. Remove the skin and bones, if desired, then break the salmon into large chunks. Set aside.
Mix together the mayonnaise and horseradish sauce. Split the baps in half and spread them with this mixture. Top the baps with the watercress or mixed salad leaves.
Mix together the red onion, beetroot and carrot. Add the yogurt and stir together to coat. Pile on top of the watercress or salad leaves. Share the salmon between them. Season with a little salt and some black pepper and finish with the tops of the baps.
Cook’s Tip: To make two baps, simply halve the ingredients, using just 1 x 213 g can of wild Alaska salmon.