Wild Alaska Salmon Ciabatta Bake
• 1 x 416g or 2 x 213g cans red or pink wild Alaska salmon
• 1 ciabatta loaf
• 4 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
• 150g (6oz) roasted red and yellow peppers, packed in olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 x 125g balls mozzarella cheese, sliced
• Watercress or rocket leaves, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
Drain the canned salmon, discarding the liquid. Remove any skin and bones, if wished, then break the salmon into chunks.
Split the ciabatta loaf horizontally, then cut each piece in two. Spread sun-dried tomato paste over the bread and arrange on a baking sheet.
Spoon the peppers onto the pieces of ciabatta, along with some of the oil from the jar to add extra flavour. Share out the salmon chunks, season, then top with the mozzarella cheese.
Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Cool for a couple of minutes, then serve with watercress or rocket leaves.
Cook’s tip: For a change, use char-grilled marinated artichokes instead of peppers.