Wild Alaska Salmon, Cucumber and Parsley Salad
• 1 x 418g or 2 x 213g cans red or pink wild Alaska salmon
• ¼ cucumber, quartered, deseeded and sliced into strips
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1 Romaine lettuce, shredded
• 1 bunch radish, sliced
• 2 x 410g cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tbsp olive oil
Drain the salmon, discarding the liquid. Remove the skin and bones, if desired, then break the salmon into large chunks. Set aside.
Put the cucumber strips and onions into a non-metallic bowl and cover with the vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and leave for 15-20 minutes. Drain well, reserving 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
Mix together the lettuce, radish, cannellini beans and parsley. Add the cucumber, onion and salmon chunks and toss together gently. Season and share between four plates.
Whisk the olive oil and vinegar together and drizzle over the salads.
Cook’s Tip: Use mixed salad leaves instead of Romaine lettuce for a change.