Wild Alaska Salmon and Leek Mini Frittatas
• 1 x 213g can red or pink wild Alaska salmon
• 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
• 1 small leek, trimmed and finely sliced
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 142 ml pot (¼ pint) single cream
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 142 ml pot fresh soured cream
• ¼ red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Drain the salmon, reserving the liquid. Discard the skin and bones, if desired. Use a fork to break the salmon into small chunks.
Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5. Brush a 12-hole bun tin with some olive oil.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and add the leek. Cook gently for 2 - 3 minutes until softened. Spoon an equal amount into the bun tins, then share out the salmon between them.
Beat together the eggs, single cream, reserved salmon liquid and chopped parsley in a jug. Season with a little salt and pepper. Pour an equal amount into the bun tins. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until set and golden brown. Cool for a few minutes, then carefully remove them from the tins.
To make the dip, mix together the soured cream, red pepper and parsley. Serve as an accompaniment to the frittatas.