Wild Alaska Salmon and Pesto Pinwheels
• 1 x 213g can red or pink wild Alaska salmon
• a little olive oil, for greasing
• 1 x 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen
• 2 tbsp green or red pesto sauce
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
Drain the salmon, discarding the liquid. Remove the skin and bones, if desired. Flake the salmon with a fork .
Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6. Brush 2 baking sheets with a little olive oil.
Unroll the sheet of puff pastry and spread the pesto sauce evenly over the surface. Sprinkle the salmon over the top. Roll up the pastry from the long side into a sausage shape, then use a sharp knife to slice it into 18 pieces about 1.5 cm (1/2 inch) thick.
Lay the pinwheels on the baking sheets, allowing room for expansion. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for a few moments, then serve.