Wild Alaska Salmon Salad Asian-Style
• 1 x 416g or 2 x 213g cans red or pink wild Alaska salmon
• 150g (6oz) fine green beans, trimmed
• 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
• 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
• 1 carrot, cut into fine strips
• 100g (4oz) fresh bean sprouts
• ½ head Chinese leaves or 2 heads pak choi, shredded
• 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
• 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• Juice of 1 lime
Drain the canned salmon, discarding the liquid. Remove any skin and bones, if wished, then break the salmon into chunks.
Cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then cool quickly under running water.
In a large serving bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Add all the remaining ingredients, along with the salmon chunks, and toss together gently. Serve at once.
Cook’s tip: If you are having the salad later, add the dressing and salmon chunks just before serving so that the vegetables remain crisp and crunchy.