Wild Alaska Salmon and Smoked Pollock Fish Pie
• 900g (2lb) potatoes
• 200g (7oz) frozen fillets wild Alaska salmon
• 200g (7oz) frozen fillets smoked wild Alaska pollock
• 100g (4oz) broccoli, broken into small florets
• 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
• 500ml tub crème fraiche
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill or parsley
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 75g (3oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, gas mark 5.
Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water until just tender – about 15 minutes. Cool for a few minutes, then slice them.
Cut the salmon and pollock fillets into chunks and arrange in the base of a large baking dish (or use individual dishes).
Lightly cook the broccoli and spring onions in boiling, salted water for a few minutes, then drain them thoroughly. Add to the baking dish, then tip in the crème fraiche and dill or parsley. Season with salt and pepper, then mix together gently.
Arrange the sliced potatoes on top, then scatter the grated cheese evenly over the surface. Transfer to the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown. Serve at once.
Cook’s tip: Use unsmoked frozen pollock if you prefer.